Saturday, April 27, 2013

Belly cast!

A few things:

-Thank you Jenna and Kevin for getting us the belly casting kit forever ago. Totally awesome. I've been looking forward to using it so much!

-I have the most amazing/artistic belly caster in the world. Special thanks to my sweet hubby.

-If you are ever pregnant and want to do this, DON'T HESITATE. It was beyond easy, quick, and the end result is so awesome!!

Okay, so we decided to go ahead and do the cast last night (considering I'm 38 and 1/2 weeks along!). The Proud Body kit came with everything... clear protective plastic, lubrication for your skin so the dry cast will come off, gloves, and 4 rolls of casting strips (we only needed to use 3). You simply cut the gauze into strips for what sizes you will need, and once everything is ready to go, just dip them one at a time into warm water and place onto the skin! It ends up being about 3-4 layers of casting strips, and it dries super fast. Just have to hold STILL (and BREATHE.. thank you yoga for letting me practice being in uncomfortable situations and tuning in to myself. Holding still and trying to not pass out was definitely the hardest part, lol). Once all the material has been applied, wait about 10 minutes and then gently remove the hardened cast. It's like magic.

We decided to only cast the belly. Some people do the entire chest/belly thing, but for us I just didn't see how that was practical. I would never hang that in our home, so it would just collect dust and break in storage. Instead, I LOVE the idea of a Belly Bowl!! You can take super adorable pictures of your newborn in the bowl and then use it as a home decoration afterwards. I like that better. You can decorate it easily - - simply sand it, trim the edges with scissors to give it the shape you want, paint it, gloss it, add ribbons or jewels, etc. We will paint and gloss it, and keep it neutral.









No comments:

Post a Comment