Wednesday, May 1, 2013

39 weeks!!

Can someone please explain to me how the time has gone by SO stinkin' quickly!!? I thought time was supposed to drag on and on after 34 weeks... Well that's what I've heard. John and I both don't feel that way for us.

We got to see Anna again yesterday for our 39 week checkup! Can i just say that i LOVE not having to drive anywhere for maternity care/childbirth classes/newborn care?! it has been totally awesome. :) The results for the GBS test came back negative, which is just one less thing to think about. Yay! Norah was a crazy little thing during our time with Anna, which we always get a kick out of (literally?! Lol!). Everything is looking great! The slight swelling in my feet late at night is totally normal, and I can tackle it with ice water soaks and inverting my legs up the wall (viparita karani for you yogis).

I'm sitting/reclining on the couch right now, typing this out on my phone... And Norah is very very busy! It MAY have something to do with the oranges I've had so far today.

Only issues I'm experiencing (besides minor swelling):
- Some serious pelvic joint sensations (I will NOT say the "p" word), which makes standing up/walking/squatting more... Fun. ;)
- A sad, shiny stretch mark just above my belly button. It's the color of my skin, thank goodness, and very lonely. Let's keep it that way! Honestly, it looks more like a stretch PATCH rather than traditional mark. Weird. Only one on the belly, though!

I am about to muster up enough energy to go on a much-needed walk with Shasta. It'll help the both of us immensely, I'm sure of it. Here goes nothin!


No comments:

Post a Comment