Tuesday, May 21, 2013

First week

Wow. So Norah will be two weeks old in just two days. I'll admit... I cried last night. She is so much bigger. Her hair is WAY lighter, like a sandy blonde color. She is losing that newborn look. :( to be honest, a part of me still can't believe that she is here! I need to wake up and pay attention. Time is flying by. Before we know it, she'll be in high school.

Just some updates on how things have been going:
Norah lost her umbilical cord stump the morning of her 1 week birthday! Thank goodness. That thing was getting pretty stanky and icky.
Meconium was gone by day 5, and yes, we have cloth diapered since the first minute. It did not stain one little bit. What was I so worried about?! We love love love our diapers. More on this later.
We had a weight check with Kim Bookout at 1 week and 1 day, just to see where she was, and to all of our surprise, she was already BACK AT BIRTH WEIGHT exactly! 8lb13oz! Crazy fast weight gain, considering babes have 2 weeks to get back there! Sometimes I call her my hungry hungry hippo. ;) it was a proud day for me.
We have made several fun outings together, such as to target, a girl's social for our church home group, a baby shower, and shopping at kohl's. I'm still taking it easy, but have still been able to get out of the house a little bit. :)
Johnny went back to work as of yesterday. I think he misses his ladies while he's away (as he should... we are pretty great!) ;)

I am recovering well, I think. Everything feels beat up, but I'm making it.
Here is 1 week postpartum (exposed tummy shot will need to come later -- we've got a little ways to go!):

No comments:

Post a Comment