Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pregnancy Brain?!

... or just dumb?? Either way, I have made some seriously bizarre mistakes in the past 2 days. Yesterday, I was going through the drive thru of Boston Market before grabbing some food for the animals at the pet store. All I wanted was half of a turkey carver sandwich on multigrain bread and a large cup of ice water to go. Not a big deal, you'd think! Ordering was a NIGHTMARE though. The lady was SO RUDE and horrible! It was seriously horrific. I had just gotten out of yoga, so I was calm and relaxed and happy... and she just about ruined my mood completely! I won't get into all of the details, but she asked me twice what I wanted to order, and then if I wanted sides and a soda, and then if I wanted a cookie 3 TIMES! What in the world. I didn't even say anything the third time she talked about the cookie, it was pretty awkward. She actually said "Mmm the cookies are so tasty!" - I mean what am I supposed to say to that? I was so clear about what I wanted to order. So I drive around to pay and grab my food, honestly a little inwardly irritated at this (obnoxious!) lady, but I was trying to not let it show as I talked to her face to face. I paid cash, she got upset that I didn't give her a handful of pennies with it (to make the change even). My goodness. At this point I was just ready to get on with my day... it was rough sitting there in my thoughts! A different lady brought me my sandwich, and then just as I was about to drive away, I realized that I needed my large ice water! I asked her for it, she handed it to me, I overhear girl #1 making a big commotion about how I already got my cup of water, but I smile (just relieved to finally be leaving), and drive away. 5 seconds later, I look in my cupholder, and THERE ARE TWO WATERS. I immediately feel so embarrassed! I must have been so focused on containing myself about the customer service I was receiving that I TOTALLY missed her handing me my first water. Pretty stupid.

Today, I needed to return some candles at Tom Thumb after an outcall massage appointment. It was going to be a quick errand.. run in, run out. So as I walk back to my car (which was in the CLOSEST parking space I could have possibly parked in... front and center!) I realized to my horror that my keys were not in my purse. I looked through it at least 5 times, which is a little overboard since my keys are HUGE, on a pink lanyard, and are hard to miss. I look in my car - BAM, between my seats. How dumb can I get?! This had never happened to me before. Keys do no good whatsoever when they get locked INSIDE of the car. I talked to my husband and dad briefly on the phone about my options, and decided to call the fire department to see if they could help me out. A few minutes later, the FIRE TRUCK rolls up in front of busy Tom Thumb, and a bunch of firemen/EMTs/police looking guys roll out and start asking me a million questions and prying my car door open. Of course people are looking at what the heck is going on... oh and it gets even BETTER when my car alarm turns on. Thanks, car. Everything did work out and the fire department saved me, at no cost which is great.

Crazy brain these past couple of days. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment