Wednesday, February 6, 2013

27 week update & CDing

Good morning world! I've got a sleepy husband, sleepy pets, and one active baby so far today! Several pregnancy 'experts' say that by this time, our babes are figuring out their schedules for active and not-so-active times of the day... I'm starting to pay attention to not only IF and HOW she's moving about, but now WHEN, too. I'm curious to see what I learn in the next few weeks. :)

I came across a blog about cloth diapering in today's era- and I love it! I know many friends have been interested (or maybe more realistically confused!) at why we really want to cloth diaper. Honestly, I can't imagine doing anything else diaper-wise with our kids! It's more than finances, the environment, and health for me, although those are all great reasons for trying it, too. Here's some great information on it... really everything you need to get started: 


I've decided to mainly use bumGenius 4.0 One-Size Pockets, Alvababy diapers, and Kawaii diapers (after SOOOO many hours and hours of research!) just because the reviews are insane, price is lower, and they seem like the most logical choice for ease of use. I am open to trying others as well. I know Cloth Diaperers have their favorites in bulk, and then the rest of their stash is misc diapers from all over. I'm down with collecting others... I've been trying to win assorted bundles for a while now, no luck! 

I'm a day late on my update... sorry y'all. Just didn't happen yesterday. 

How far along: 27 weeks! 

Weight: 169 pounds still. Pre-pregnancy weight was 153ish.

Size of Baby: Head of cauliflower (15 in, 2 lbs)


Midwife Appt: We have one coming up on Sunday. Looking forward to it! 

Maternity Clothes: YES. Well I'm living off of 2 pairs of maternity jeans (with the band) and yoga clothes, no surprise there. I did need to buy a few more yoga/workout shirts that have some room for my belly but don't look huge, and I don't want to spend the extra money and buy expensive "maternity" shirts. What I got is working great... and they are cute. Bonus! 

Stretch marks: Same as it has been for a while. Nothing new! 

Sleep: Still wanting to sleep on my back. GAH! It's getting to the point of being really annoying. I slept on the couch by accident a few nights ago, and was SO comfortable. I'm thinking it was because when I wanted to roll to my back, I literally couldn't. The couch was in the way. Maybe I need to just create The Great Wall Of Pillows in the middle of our bed against my back... I'm sure J will LOVE that.

Food cravings: Chick-fil-a, out of the middle of nowhere! All the time. Driving by everyday is basically killing me. I have a problem. And now all I'm thinking about is their chicken salad sandwich. :(

Gender: Um, still a girl I think! It's not like we've checked again or anything. Norah, if you are boy, we will have the funniest pregnancy story to tell... and we will obviously be changing your name.

Symptoms: Alright, here's a new lovely thing. I definitely have what they call SPD, or Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (I've diagnosed myself, but really it couldn't be anything else). I've never had pain in my bones like this before, just right where the symphysis pubis joint is. Just started noticing the pain when I rolled out of bed and placed my feet on the floor... when I try to stand with more weight on one foot than the other, it definitely tells me that there is movement in there. It's crazy! I think the problem is that Relaxin sometimes can cause ligaments and joints to relax too much too quickly in pregnancy. Result = bone to bone in some areas = pain. Good news is that yoga AT LEAST once every day is totally keeping this thing at a place where I don't notice it! I hear it click every now and then (ouchies) when I roll over or get out of my car, but I'd be a grumpy bear if I didn't have the tools to ease these aches, me thinks. :) Sciatic pain from before is long gone.

Movement: She's a wiggler! Feeling lots of pressure on my bladder more than usual these days, maybe that means she moved into a different position? I have NO idea how she is oriented in there. Would love to know! 

Belly button in or out?: Top half is out, bottom half is in. Weird.

Best moment of the week: Caught the hubby rubbing my belly and 'spending time' with Norah while I was taking a nap after the Super Bowl. I half remember it in my sleepy state! :) SO SWEET! 


Belly at 27 weeks, 1 day. She was jabbing my hand as I took this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment