Tuesday, December 18, 2012

20 Weeks

That is crazy. Norah, we've made it halfway baby girl! Johnny and I had a great time watching the DVD of the ultrasound again today. It is really beautiful. I'm in the process of editing and uploading pictures/videos of our party and the ultrasound for loved ones to see. That really should be up soon. I'm hoping by the end of the weekend.

I just got finished with a lovely and LONG nap snuggled with the pup, and I'm really feeling Norah right now. Kick kick kick! I am really looking forward to J's birthday tomorrow (23) and Christmas is right around the corner. Time is going by SO quickly... Slow down a little bit! I want to take this all in as much as I can. Talking to him the other day, I've realized something. I JUST NOW started feeling pregnant. "Why?! Dana you are halfway there!" Yes, I know, but when you don't feel nausea, movement, unhappy, like you are gaining weight, and like your skin is breaking out a ton, it can really mess with your head! Now, I feel our baby. So does my husband! We have seen her! My boobs are "huge" according to several people (lol), my fear of stretch marks is out the window now that I have them, I'm gaining weight, and I haven't felt any better in my whole life.

To be honest, I LOVE being pregnant.
God has REALLY blessed me in humongous ways so far in this thing. I am beyond thankful that we were able to make this baby, without any struggle, and that his plan for us is to be parents. I wish every marriage on earth could experience this.


How Far Along: 20 weeks today!

Weight Gain: 6ish pounds. Getting there! I am eating so much.

Innie or Outtie: starting to poke out on some days! Ah!

Maternity Clothes: J bought me my first pair of maternity jeans. I LOVE THEM. Still can fit into my yoga pants, which is awesome.

Sleep: No complaints! Sleeping great.

Pregnancy Perk: Boobs. Lol. And maternity jeans (they are THAT awesome)!

Embarrassing Pregnant Moment: Can I just say forgetting everything and cover my bases?

Baby Purchases this week: $6 jacket from Kid to Kid, and several great gifts from friends: giraffe rattle, pink rubber ducky, adorable pink onesies, ultrasound picture frame, baby blanket, comfort lovey.

Best quote regarding baby this week: "IT'S A GIRL!"

Gender: Female

Movement: Lots and lots! Felt my first big thuds today from Norah, which is way different than her happy little wiggles. It really caught me off guard!

Food Cravings: Somebody just hand me a lemon. I CANNOT get enough lemon right now. I always drink it in my water if we go out, but now I ask for a bowlful of lemon slices with my meal/drink. Still love cheez-it's, too.

Food Aversions: Nothing that I'm noticing.

How’s Mama? Happy and feeling amazing!

What I am looking forward to: Baby wise? Working out the whole insurance thing, which isn't even that big of a deal. Just praying we get answers soon. (Apparently my plan is anti-natural, but larsens billing is pestering!!) It will all work out, no need to worry :)

Size of baby: Length of a banana!

No comments:

Post a Comment