Wednesday, March 27, 2013

34 weeks!

Still cannot believe how fast the time is going by. Wowza.

I feel great and everything seems to still be going smoothly! We have started our Hypnobirthing class (2 of 5 sessions complete!) and we totally LOVE IT. Seriously amazing! If you are thinking about doing it for your bonding/birth experience, don't hesitate. Jump on it! We have nightly homework that I always look forward to doing as well as CDs to relax and visualize to, they are such lovely exercises. It is CRAZY to think that in 3-6 weeks, our full term baby could be in our arms.
"Do not listen to this disc while in a moving vehicle."
THAT'S THE TRUTH! So relaxing...

How far along: 34 weeks

Weight: 178, I actually lost 2 pounds since last week. Yay for eating healthier!

Symptoms: I still feel so great. I'm continuing to get "practice tightening" AKA Braxton-Hicks contractions (Hypnobirthing teaches us to use different words than the common ones that put any sort of a negative thought in our heads, so you'll probably start to notice my odd choice of words...) which sneak up on me sometimes. I know it's my body's way of preparing for welcoming Norah to the world, so they are important! No nausea, dizziness, headaches, leg cramps, (new) stretch marks, leaking, line on my belly (linea nigra) or anything else worth reporting about. [If you are weird about pregnancy related things or find natural baby-creating processes gross, #1. WHY are you reading this blog right now? and #2. You may want to skip this next part. Just because I haven't put this on the blog yet, I'll document it now: I've lost parts of the uterine seal (mucus plug) 3 times in this pregnancy so far, which apparently is pretty normal. It regenerates to help keep germies out and baby in! It happened at 25 weeks, 30 weeks, and 33 weeks. Super clear, not tinged with blood or colored pink at all, and seriously is just like raw egg whites. I took a picture of it the last time, but I'll spare y'all. You are welcome.]

Sleep: Never fails, I wake up between 4-4:30am EVERY morning. It's 4:40 right now, and I thought I'd do something quiet but productive as I lay here in bed. J just asked for "some water" clear as day in his sleep. Maybe I should go get him some... but that means I'd have to wake up the beast. :/ Yikes! Shall I wait a few more hours?? (Love you, honey!)

Work: I'm still teaching yoga classes a few times a week and doing in-home massage appointments, although I am officially taking "Maternity Leave" from outcall massages on April 1. I'll be almost 35 weeks pregnant then, and I feel like I've stretched myself about as far as I'm comfortable going - considering I carry a trillion things to each session and have to maneuver my table in and out of the car/people's houses. I LOVE what I do, but just feel like it's time. Yoga is beyond awesome still. Hopefully I'll teach until I pop... and then again soon after!

New baby items: We picked up the Bobby pillow, crib/pack n play sheets, and some other cute essentials with Target gift money (yay!) and I'm so excited to use them. Also, we have OUR ENTIRE DIAPER STASH now, since AlvaBabys arrived on Monday. We got newborn-sized pockets that velcro and 8-35lb pockets with snaps that are minky on the outside... so fuzzy! These ended up being about $3 or $4 per pocket diaper. If you want to go cloth, there is no excuse y'all! You can do it affordably... these shipped straight from the warehouse in China for free and took 6 days to get here. They are amazing quality for the price. Reviews are right!

And here is the bump - I know she's bigger, but I SWEAR... to me the bump looks just as big as it was at 29 or 30 weeks. Seriously, go look at pictures. My poor body is so confused at what is going on.


"Can't. Stretch. Any. More. What is happening!?" -Skin/Muscles

"well, you better make more room cuz im runnin out of it!" -Norah


You tell 'em, Norah.

No comments:

Post a Comment