Tuesday, November 6, 2012

BUMP!

Halloween has come and gone, and we had a great time! Here is our homemade construction worker costumes ... and official baby announcement! 


...complete with work boots and baby tool belts. :) We made the signs by cutting and painting 'crafting' sheet metal, then writing the letters and borders on. What a fun project! 

So I am officially 14 weeks pregnant as of these wee hours of the morning, and it just so happens to be election day. Oh joy. I am so so excited to say that we HAVE decided to find out our sweet little one's gender, and can do so in just 2 weeks! Ah! We will have the technician write it down or hide the evidence in some way, so we can find out with EVERYONE at a gender reveal party we will be throwing. I am really looking forward to sharing this special time with our dear friends and families. More planning on this will come later, I'm sure. :) The ideas rolling around in my head are oh-so-cute.



How far along? 14 weeks!
Total weight gain: I still weigh the same, about 154. (Give me a break, I'm 5'9!)
Maternity clothes?! Absolutely. Luckily, I work/live in "yoga clothes", or basically upscale sweats. So that is definitely considered maternity clothes. Everything stretches, thank goodness. My jeans... not so much.
Stretch marks? I'm lathering in body butter and such whenever I think about it, about twice a week. I know I'll apply more when I get bigger, but I doubt I'll be able to keep the stretchies away. Battle scars, right?!
Sleep: Sleep is ok, but could be better. I know my problem is having to wake up and pee... 3-4 times each night. I drink SO much water in the evenings, and even though I try and space it out throughout the day, I find myself creating the bathroom issue. Whatever, I love water!
Miss anything? I miss being able to walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like I just worked out. And red wine... the smell drives me crazy! It was such a treat, and now it has been added to my reward list that I'm looking forward to in the future. And Mike's hard lemonade. 
Movement: Maybe? I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to be feeling for, but I think the other day I felt an interesting bubble thing in a weird place. I know the first kid isn't as obvious as the others, so it was probably just a tummy bubble.
Food cravings: Cheez-its, apples and peanut butter, celery and peanut butter, cashews, green olives, salads. I just now realized that I'm a salty craver so far! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! Not really any morning sickness, I know I have been so blessed in that. If I do feel queasy (usually due to hunger), my body VIOLENTLY sneezes twice and then it's gone! I read somewhere that it is just a symptom of irritation of the Vagus Nerve (connected to stomach).
Gender: Don't know yet. We were originally going to wait until the birth to find out, but now we want to just get it over with! Tell us already! :) Hoping to schedule an ultrasound around 16 weeks to find out if there's a baby girl or baby boy in this tummy!
Labor signs: No way. 
Symptoms: Higher energy levels. Sore back earlier this week, probably from me compensating from the little bit of round ligament pain I'm having, but it's not too bad.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: My sweet sweet husband may say otherwise, but I feel the best I have in a long time! I love being pregnant so far. So excited what God has done here and I can't wait to meet this little thing (I reeeeally feel like it is a boy, don't know why!) 
Looking forward to: Our next visit with Sherry, our midwife, tomorrow. Oh, and finding out the gender in 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment