Thursday, July 11, 2013

2 months old

2 days ago Norah turned 2 months old. Things have definitely not been boring around here- I have been fighting through a weird 'almost' cold thing, which is behind us now, and Norah is as cute as ever. This little girl is so joyful! She loves music, smiling, and staring at faces. She sleeps like a pro and "talks" up a storm. Her neck is SO strong for her age. Tummy time is getting more fun each time, and believe it or not, our rough time with nursing is soooo much better all of a sudden. Thank you God! :) Not perfect, and still not super fun, but it is much better. For the first time in a month, we nursed from BOTH sides withOUT using nipple shields on Tuesday (and have been like that since, although it's only successful in one position... Oh well)! Such a humongous deal for us. I desperately want our nursing to be "normal". I know it is such a beautiful thing, and it's way more than the milk. The bond lasts a lifetime and babies that stay at the breast for longer have better development in many ways than babies who don't. I want to NIP (...quietly!) or at least have the option of doing so. I want to feed my daughter without her throwing a huge fit. I want to nurse and smile at the same time. I will do anything to keep trucking through this so we can have that. I want to give her the best chance possible -- and as difficult as it is, we will stick with it!

Thought about something interesting recently - I can't have it all. We got pregnant on try #1. I totally loved being pregnant... felt better than ever! We got the perfect birth I wanted for her, short and easy labor and a home birth with zero interventions. She is an amazing sleeper. She is the happiest baby on the block, NEVER fusses except when nursing. So there has to be something I suppose.... I still have faith that it will pass and be beautiful and enjoyable soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment