Thursday, June 6, 2013

Wonderfully complex!

Our random update of the day.

One of my favorite 'comfort' chapters in the Bible is Psalm 139. As I was reading it to miss Norah, I thought it'd be fun to change up verses 13-16 and read it about her, instead of me... Like this:

You made all the delicate, inner parts of Norah's body and knit her together in my womb.
Thank you for making her so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous- how well I know it.
You watched her as she was being formed in utter seclusion, as she was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw her before she was born.
Every day of her life is recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

If that's not the biggest "thank you" birth and life prayer, I don't know what is! :) Honestly, seeing these truths applied to my daughter right in front of my eyes makes this part of the chapter hit home so much closer than reading it about me. Odd? Maybe.

Every day I pray for her soul. Like myself, I hope she will never remember a day without knowing and loving Jesus as her Savior, and allowing Him to transform her, and that she is led to do beautiful work for the Kingdom throughout her lifetime.

LOVE the end of 139:
"Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life." (It's time to get uncomfy when you request God to reveal this! What a beautiful thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment