Friday, June 7, 2013

4 weeks!

At almost a month old, Norah is getting so big! Some things we have noticed:
- Her legs are getting longer and longer
- She enjoys sucking on the knuckle of her pointer finger
- When you kiss her on the cheek, she smiles (this is a new thing!)
- Laughing out loud in her sleep is still happening
- She is sleeping through the night usually (although I often times wake her)
- She is definitely a side sleeper, so she side sleeps with me (continuing to mostly co-sleep)

Norah is one happy baby. She only gets fussy when she is hungry (but, don't we all?) ... It is such a joy to be her mom.

I talked to some breastfeeding experts yesterday, Sherry and a lady from our pediatrician's office. Can I just say that I LOVE Sherry Oldfield. She has been such an amazing nurse-midwife and now is my certified lactation consultant. Her ankle is still healing, but she and I are getting together today so we can tweak some nursing issues. YAY! Sherry was so helpful and encouraging on the phone. She says it all gets better from here. I am doing the right thing for Norah. If I am still exclusively breastfeeding, I'm doing so much better than MANY moms who quit because it's hard... And trust me, it IS hard. It may take 4-6 more weeks for Norah and I to mesh perfectly (and growth to happen), and after talking with her, I'm ok with that! Nursing will not kill me.

Sherry had an interesting point.
Some babies don't come out loving the boob. They think they want something, but it may not be exactly what they had in mind for some reason or another. So, your 7 year old would rather have McDonald's than broccoli all the time, do you take them to McDonald's? No! If eating means having broccoli time and time again, she will learn to LOVE broccoli. That's parenting... And that's what we are doing right now. If Norah wants to eat, we have 2 options, the boob or go hungry. No formula, no bottles. She will learn and everything will work out eventually. :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment